Simplicity Theme

This is the Simplicity theme for WordPress. It is designed to be a cool, clean, simple theme that keeps the focus on your content. The main features for Simplicity are:

• Fixed width or fluid width (configurable)
  • Two columns or three columns (configurable)
  • Widgets support
  • Gravatar support
  • XHTML and CSS compliant
  • Simple design
  • White/light coloured
  • Presentable on modern mobile devices

I created Simplicity because I could not find any existing theme that I was truly satisfied with. The greatest difficulties are that most themes are fixed width, and most authors could not care less about XHTML and/or CSS compliance.

This is my first attempt to create a WordPress theme. The features are quite basic at the moment, but moving forward, I hope to get these things done:

• Much greater customizations through the Admin theme options page
  • Update to XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance (currently it is XHTML 1.0 Transitional)

This theme makes use of the Theme Toolkit, with a few minor fixes: 1 trivial bug fix, some updates to text, and HTML fixes for XHTML compliance.

Download Simplicity:

Last modified: February 26, 2009

Comments

1. Hi Zit Seng,

I am a big fan of your Simplicity theme. I would love to change the blue header line to red, can u help me out in that? (Ps- i am a non-coder)

2. Tobias says:

Hi Zit Seng,

great theme, I use it for my own homapage. I would like to change 2 things:

a) remove the searchfield out of the header
    b) put a logopicture into the header

Could you please tell me which file(s) (style.ccs, header.php) I must edit at which point ? Thanks a lot !

3. Hello, Zit Seng,

I am an elderly Australian trying to set up a website so I can establish a SMB sole-proprietorship consultancy with a primary focus on helping companies to become investment ready, investor friendly and raise the equity funds they need to follow their business dreams. I discovered Simplicity on the WordPress site and installed it to use. However, as I am not a computer/WordPress/code literate person, I have run into a few problems that you have most probably seen before. I hope you can give me some advice to get me back on track.

Firstly, is it possible to slightly increase the height of the header. My main heading (my business nane) is:

Chiron! the business doctor.

My tag line is:

… relieves business pain!

In MSWord relative font sizes, I would like the main heading to be about 18 to 20 and the tagline about 14 to 16. As well, I want the tagline to be in italics.

The other problem I have is that initially I want to set up as a traditional website with a number of static pages. this is so I can commence work. I intend to introduce a blog later. I have tried to create a horizontal menu with drop down menu items using WordPress Navigation List Plugin NAVT, but it does not seem to work. Would you have any idea what I am doing wrong.

If it helps, I have no objection to your going into my site and reworking code. If that is helpful I will send you the password.

Could I just mention on a personal note that my wife is from Penang. We have been married for over 40 years. We have four adult sons who have, so far, provided us with seven grandchildren. I have been to Singapore many times and always enjoyed the visits.

I hope you can help me.

sincerely,

Graham

4. Lim Seng says:

Zit Seng,

Could you show me how to add the word SEARCH (white color) below the search box? By the way, I am no tech-savvy.
    Regards,
    lim seng

5. Lim Seng says:

Zit Seng,

One more thing. I am trying to put Infolink Related Tags below the post title. I tried inserting it below this , but it is not working. It it the right place?

6. kertoon says:

Hello Zit Seng,

A accidentally tempered with your function php. And I got a list of warning messages’. The last one is this:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home1/lifeless/public_html/bestlifequotesblog/wp-content/themes/simplicity/functions.php:20) in /home1/lifeless/public_html/bestlifequotesblog/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 734

Could advise me as how to rectify this mess which I have caused? Your help is badly needed.

kertoon

1. kertoon says:

Anyway, I have solved the problem.

7. @kertoon. I got the same error on a blog “Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by…” What did you do to solve this?

8. Does this still work with the latest version of WordPress?

1. Zit Seng says:

I believe so, at least until WordPress 3.1 or thereabouts. Since then I’ve started to work on another theme that’s focused on clean HTML5 markup, which is what you currently see on the site right now.

9. Jose says:

Congratulations for your theme, it is really good. I have a question for you. I put the logo on the subject, but I see no option where to put a link to the home, so there is a fluid navigation for users. Can you tell me where in the code I can put the link to the home?

1. Zit Seng says:

Look in header.php, in the block from around line 58. That’s where the logo is output. You can edit that part to include a hyperlink to your home.

10. 读者 says:

不知道你能不能看懂中文,这个是我的博客:http://www.0668max.com/
    安装了你的模板,希望可以得到你最新的模板,可以吗?

1. Zit Seng says:

Sorry, no updates at this time.

11. Sophy says:

Hi How do I change the order of the menu? at the moment it seems to automatically sort alphabetly.

Cheers

1. Sophy says:

its ok i sorted it :)

12. Bud Hunt says:

I really like your theme but I am having a problem with the location of the main content.
    There is no indent so everything is pushed against the left side panel.
    Also, how do I adjust the width of the center panel?
    Thanks,