This is the Simplicity theme for WordPress. It is designed to be a cool, clean, simple theme that keeps the focus on your content. The main features for Simplicity are:
- Fixed width or fluid width (configurable)
- Two columns or three columns (configurable)
- Widgets support
- Gravatar support
- XHTML and CSS compliant
- Simple design
- White/light coloured
- Presentable on modern mobile devices
I created Simplicity because I could not find any existing theme that I was truly satisfied with. The greatest difficulties are that most themes are fixed width, and most authors could not care less about XHTML and/or CSS compliance.
This is my first attempt to create a WordPress theme. The features are quite basic at the moment, but moving forward, I hope to get these things done:
- Much greater customizations through the Admin theme options page
- Update to XHTML 1.0 Strict compliance (currently it is XHTML 1.0 Transitional)
This theme makes use of the Theme Toolkit, with a few minor fixes: 1 trivial bug fix, some updates to text, and HTML fixes for XHTML compliance.