Plantronics yesterday announced their new BackBeat PRO 2 Bluetooth headphones which support up to an impressive 100 metre range and up to 24 hours of continuous listening time on a single charge. It’s built on the earlier BackBeat PRO, now streamlined to be 35% smaller and 15% lighter, making the headphones more portable than ever.
New ear cup ergonomics and flexible ear cup mount contribute to more listening comfort.
Other notable features include:
- Smart sensors that automatically pause or resume your music as you
remove or put on your headphones
- Multi-device connectivity to connect up to two devices simultaneously and easily switch between your smartphone and tablet for music, movie, and calls
- Built-in dual mics to enable you to jump into clear phone calls right from your headphones
- Travel-ready design with fold-flat ear cups and a protective sleeve
- Included 3.5mm cable for in-flight entertainment and the ability to plug in to keep enjoying your music in the unlikely event that you run out of battery
My initial impressions of the BackBeat PRO 2 are that the audio quality is really good, above expectations of its price range. It’s also comfortable, although the ear cups do get quite “hot” with prolonged listening. I love the convenience of sensors that automatically pause or resume the music when you take off or put on the headphones.
BackBeat PRO 2 will be available in Black and Tan at authorized Plantronics retailers for S$319. A special edition BackBeat PRO 2 SE with NFC pairing, more premium finishes and a hard travel case will be available in Graphite Grey at authorised Plantronics retailers for S$379.
Watch out for a full review coming up soon!