The weather has been gloomy lately, with all the heavy showers and thunderstorms. But you know what? It’s Thanksgiving over in the United States tomorrow, and what does that mean? Yes. Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping. In fact, the deals have already started, and even for some time too with some retailers.
There are far, far too many deals on the Internet. It’ll be just impossible for me to even begin to mention them. In fact, just on Amazon alone, there are going to be so many that I can’t possibly list all.
Instead, what I want to do is to mention a few resources, and point out some deals that are personally enticing to me. SITEX 2014 happens tomorrow (till Sunday), and you may, or may not, find better deals. There’s no harm to check out your shopping options online, since, well, it’s easy and convenient.
First off, there is this great web resource camelcamelcamel. It’s a great tool for setting price alerts on Amazon product prices. You should know the Amazon products selling prices do vary over time. It gets tiring to follow up on all the price changes. Camelcamelcamel not only let’s you set price alerts on products, but also shows you the price history, so that you can determine if it’s the right time to buy something.
You can also browse Popular Products on Camelcamelcamel, to see hot products with price drops, and in particular look out for those labelled “Best Price”, which indicates it’s the lowest yet seen on Amazon. There are too many products to go through, so you can also set the filter to specific categories of products to focus your browsing.
Now, here are some great stuff that have caught my attention.
- Western Digital My Passport Ultra portable hard drives: I love these portable hard drives from Western Digital. The prices are not breaking new levels currently, but they are still much cheaper than buying locally. AmazonGlobal Saver shipping applies. Available in: Black, Blue, Red and Titanium.
- Plenty of SD and Micro-SD cards are rather cheap now. Check out: Samsung 32GB EVO Class 10 Micro SDHC up to 48MB/s with Adapter at only US$12.99, or SanDisk Extreme 32GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDHC Memory Card Up To 60MB/s Read With Adapter at US$17.99, or a very high-speed SanDisk Extreme 32GB UHS-I/U3 SDHC Memory Card Up To 60MB/s Read at US$19.99.
- WD Black2 Dual Drive 2.5″ 120 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD Kit: Two-in-one 120GB and 1TB hard disk. I reviewed previously.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording: If you happen to be needing a good webcam, better than the stock one built into your notebook.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (R8000): Top-of-class performance. I reviewed the R6300v2 previously.
- Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5″ 7mm Internal Solid State Drive: There are a number of other great SSD deals too.
- LEGO toys: Check out my old post. Prices are not much different now (if at all), but they are nevertheless still cheap and can help make up the US$125 needed to qualify for AmazonGlobal Saver shipping.
Remember that items that are sold by Amazon themselves (as opposed to a 3rd party) may qualify for free shipping to Singapore under the AmazonGlobal Saver program. You will need US$125 of qualifying products to actually ship free-of-charge, and the shipping may take two to three weeks to deliver. If you buy right now, you may just make it in time for Christmas.